Friday, February 2, 2007

A New Eucharistic Miracle?

I came across this at Bettnet the other day. It's an interesting video of a potential Eucharistic miracle at a church I think in Italy. Anyway, the site is in Italian. I guess it was also like a thousand years ago too (1999). It shows a host levitating about an inch or so above the paten during the Eucharistic prayers. See it yourself here. [Warning: zip file is kind of large.]

I'm not sure what to think of this yet, but it certainly appears genuine. The priests either don't notice the phenomenon, or are so awestruck by it they don't know what to do about it except continue with their prayers.

I hope this is confirmed by the Vatican folks. I think that often, we are like those who always ask Jesus for a miracle to prove that He's real, and that He is really present in the Eucharist. We never see things like this, and perhaps that's why so few people don't believe in the Real Presence (like almost all Protestants, and a great number of poorly catechized Catholics). But why do we need a miracle to believe? O we of little faith.

Anyway, it goes to show that even though I am a traditional Catholic, I certainly believe in the validity of the Novus Ordo, and apparently, so does Jesus.

[Hat tip to Dom Bettinelli]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahh yes.

Satanists believe in the true presence. Why can't many Catholics and most Protestants? (There are those who believe in it sort of...)